Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SONICSGATE

        So I just got done watching the documentary "Sonicsgate."  It's something my brother had insisted I do for some time.  After being annoyed for so long I ignored these pleas.  That is until now.  After watching, my eyes have been opened to what all went down.  And words can not describe the amount of RAGE I'M FILLED WITH!  I now similarly plea to all Seattlites to watch:
http://www.sonicsgate.org/movie/
        Simply put, Seattle was sold down the river on the only major sports team in our town to win a championship.  41 years of history was pissed on.  And there were four individuals I hold directly responsible.  First, Clay Bennett, you stole not only our team, but mine and many others' childhoods, memories, and much more.  And did so all while blatantly lying to the faces of Seattle.  Unforgivable, these sins will always stand in my eyes.  Howard Schultz, you had a responsibility to this city, and you crapped all over that.  I will join my fellow Sonics' fans and encourage others to never even step foot in a Starbucks.  Former Mayor Greg Nickels, you too shared that responsibility to this city, and like a coward, you tucked tail and ran after orchestrating the departure to Oklahoma City.  And finally the puppet master, NBA commissioner David Stern, you essentially held Bennett's hand en route to Oklahoma City.  With the league now riddled with debts in excess of $350 million, I can only hope it sees you for the fraud you are and eliminates your significance.
        For now, what's done is done.  My ignorance kept me from the rallies.  Now I plan to join Sonics' fans on the front lines.  This is not over.  BRING BACK OUR SONICS!  BRING BACK OUR SONICS!

No comments:

Post a Comment