Monday, November 8, 2010

BCS - Best Case Scenario

        If the season were to end today the National Title game would feature Oregon vs. Auburn.  A juicy match-up no one could have beef with.  Now, as a die-hard Husky, it kills mean to see Oregon with just a shot at the title, let alone win it.  But, after an extensive inner debate, I've decided that my hatred of Oregon, is far out-weighed by my love for the Left Coast and my ultimate goal of bringing down the East Coast Bias.  And so I present my BCS best case scenario.
        Now, before I begin, let me point out if a non-AQ school (TCU & Boise State) is not selected to play in the title game, the Rose Bowl is up in the rotation to take the first non-AQ school to be BCS eligible.  With that if the season were to end today, aside from Oregon & Auburn, automatic bids would go to Wisconsin, Pitt, Nebraska, & Va Tech.  The remaining invites would go to TCU (for the Rose Bowl), BSU, LSU, & most likely Ohio State.  Now TCU & BSU certainly deserve them.  LSU is #5 in the BCS, so that makes sense (aside from my qualms with them having only 4 road games).  But, #9 OSU over a #6 Stanford, that is b*llsh*t.  Yet, you know it would happen, due to their strong following compared to Stanford.  So here's what needs to happen to fix that.  Oregon wins out and goes to the title game.  Auburn would then lose one allowing TCU to jump ahead, shutting out the SEC of the title game (which I love).  Now, as stated before, as much as I'd hate to see Oregon as the champs, I'd hate it more if the Pac-10 were to be the one to lose the title game to a non-AQ.  Anyways, automatic bids would then go the champs of the BCS conferences, BSU, and the #2 SEC team.  Now, with TCU in the title game, the Rose Bowl is no longer obligated to take the non-AQ.  As it stands Wisconsin would get a Rose Bowl slot (as Big-10 champs) and the second spot would go to Stanford.  Shutting out an overrated Ohio State,allowing a well-deserved Stanford into the BCS, and for the first time ever the Pac-10 would get 2 BCS spots, something I feel is long overdue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment