Sunday, October 24, 2010

Someone Please Explain to Me How the BCS Computers Work

        The latest BCS standing were released today and Auburn with a 24-17 victory over LSU jumps 3 spots to #1.  Now,  I'm not going to argue they aren't the best team in the country like I did with Oklahoma last week (speaking of which thank God the most undeserving #1 I've ever seen lost on Saturday).  My only thoughts are "What the hell does Oregon need to do to earn the top spot?"  All they did this past week was throttle UCLA 60-13 (in did so in one of the most dominant performances I've seen).  They're #1 in both the Harris & Coaches Polls (each of which are one third of the BCS formula) yet they're 8 in the computers!  Someone please explain.  Boise State, #3 in the BCS, is #2 in both contributing polls, yet 6 in the computers.  Is geography a variable in the computer formula, because I'm confused.  Can we get a little Left Coast love?  Damn the East Coast Bias!

No comments:

Post a Comment