After my first post on Ohio State I was prodded to research the schedules of the entire Top 25. Let me tell you, I was shocked to what I found. In the SEC, currently their are 6 Top 25 teams. Of these 6, 4 teams, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, & Florida all only have 4 road games. If you want a shot at the national title (which Auburn and LSU do) than you're expected to win all your home games. If that holds true, each of them has been slated 8 wins right off the bat. Titles need to be earned not given away.
Yet, that was not the worst, though now no longer a Top 25 team, Texas (always a player in the national title race at the start of each season), plays a mere 3 road games. I realize you've followed the 2 most successful QB's in school history with the impish Garrett Gilbert, but just because he hasn't hit puberty yet is no excuse for the caliber of program you run. Fortunately, Texas is just flat out not good, they're looking at losing their 3rd consecutive game for the first time in Mack Brown's tenure. Also of note, 12 years under Mack Brown, Texas has never won fewer than 9 games. That streak is definitely in jeopardy.
No comments:
Post a Comment