About a week ago, E. Gordon Gee, president of Ohio State University was found talking football. He was discussing why schools in major conferences, like his school in the Big 10, are more deserving of a shot at the National Title because they play tougher competition every week. He's quoted as stating, "We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor." Something many would agree with. Funny thing is, is that he was unaware that OSU's strength of schedule was rated #64 and Boise State was rated #62. Oops. Yet, at least he's now admitted his faults. He's now responded to his statements with:
"What do I know about college football? I look like Orville Redenbacher. I have no business talking about college football.....What I should do is go over to the surgical suites and get my foot extricated from my mouth." That's pretty good.
Oh, and as for the Little Sisters of the Poor, a Roman Catholic's woman's order serving the elderly, Gee has already reached out to one of the homes local to Ohio.
No comments:
Post a Comment